Wednesday, April 13, 2011

And this is why....

Food blog you say? Health blog or perhaps even a diet blog? Nope, this is rather a life blog!  My words (lacking in wisdom) to the world (internet) that I find significant (sometimes) in the matters of life…you know breathing, eating, working, walking your dog, staying healthy, and having the occasional beer while watching reality television.  Um, ok so I probably shouldn’t admit to that last part about the reality television so just pretend that I said while reading Shakespeare.  Ever the intellectual…or T.V. junkie… I do strive to be. 
About this title…I just like the Keep Calm (you know don’t sweat the small stuff) part and as for the “Eat Your Broccoli”…well that is straight from the horses (my Mother) mouth.  Always known for her classic way of ending a phone conversation with “I love you and don’t forget to eat your broccoli!” my Mother (or Marmie as she was known to me) was chock full of wise words.  I mean really…Buddha must be jealous.  So as a sort of tribute to Marmie dearest, this blog shall have a few of her favorite pieces of advice woven throughout (i.e. “ladies only wear white cotton panties”).
I’m new to the “blog scene” but somewhat of a veteran to the irreverent humor category.  Sarcasm never ceases to delight me and I am absolutely charmed by the occasional satirical diatribe.
I'm sure you are wondering what the point of this is...well so am I so don't ask me (I will ask at this point that you excuse the dry humor).   Blogging is an undertaking that I have thought about often and have been know to put it on my to-do list (more about that later) on numerous occasions. Since I am planning a semi-big move (South Arkansas to Memphis) in the next two months I decided it was a splendid time to start. So here goes nothing :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment