Thursday, March 1, 2012

Life Falls Into Place

So...my faithful and devoted readers (both of you)...I have big news...I am leaving the big city...sort of.  As you know I was thinking of moving back to to my little Arkansas town this summer.  Well I'm moving next weekend!  But not completely.  I am staying on at my current job but only working one to two days a month and I am going back to my old job (the best place to work ever)! I am beyond happy/excited/thrilled about this turn of events.  As I walked into my current job the other day I found myself counting how much longer I had before I returned to a job that I loved.  I was planning on staying here in Memphis until May because that was when a position would be available for me back home.  God truly heard my prayers this dreary morning because around lunchtime I got the most wonderful phone call I have ever had.  My wonderful boss from home called to say "I really need you now".  It sounded like what I imagine angels sound like when they sing praises in heaven!  I promptly gave notice to my current boss and agreed to come work 1-2 days a month here.  I may decide that I don't want to keep this committment but for the time being it gives me an opportunity to come to Memphis and see my brother and do city things once a month.  And keep my cute little apartment. At least for a little while.  I have missed my little hospital in Louisiana more than I can verbalize at this moment.  I always knew that it was a great job, but gosh...the grass just isn't always greener on the other side of the state line.  So my life will be a little crazy for a while as I adapt to this new plan.  Of course I have a Carribean cruise right in the middle of it all to spice things up :) I leave for New Orleans where I will set sail with my splendid family for a seven day trip in the ocean.  We are going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.  And don't forget Europe in May.  I am going to need to sleep half of June to recuperate...except that I have to take French in June to complete my BS degree so that I can graduate in August.  Oh well, i will rest next year, right?  I love my life. Truly.  Doesn't get any better than this.

Even the pups agree...sort of :)

No comments:

Post a Comment