Monday, April 23, 2012

Unconditional inspiration.

A little over a week ago I promised you a weekly post...and wouldn't ya know it, I let more than a week pass and no post.  I promise to do better from here on out.  I could make excuses, but they would just be that, excuses.  One thing I pride myself on is taking responsibilty for my actions.  So instead of an excuse, here is an apology for my lapse.  I'm sure you were just dying without me ;).

So.  What inspires me?  I have been giving that a lot of thought over the last week and I agree with my favorite uncle that inspiration is the best place to start rekindling my love of writing. 

One of my earliest memories of writing something that I was really proud of involves a paper entitled My American Hero (or it could've just been My Hero...) that I wrote in the sixth grade.  I wrote about my Dad, John Rowe.  I talked about what a good person he was and how he served our country in the Korean Conflict and how he had recently lost his battle with cancer.  I was so proud of that paper, in part because my Mom (or Marmie as I previously referred to her) was so proud that she made copies and sent them out to the entire family.  I know of several other things I wrote about, including World War II and the Holocaust and about the unfair treatment of animals.  Interestingly enough (or oddly enough) most of the things that inspired me in adolescence, still inspire me today. 

So over the course of this blog I will probably mention these things from time to time.  Beware ;)

For now though, I will tell you quite honestly that I am most inspired by the dynamics of a family.  To me a family can be defined as any group of people that loves each other unconditionally.  To take it a step further, this group of people will be the people you lean on in times of tragedy, joy, and uncertainty.  If you know me, then you know I have a very large family comprised of a plethora of different people that I have been lucky enough to pick up along the way. 

One of these days I hope to add to my family...but as I have mentioned to you before I have learned to stop making plans.  This year I will be thirty but I am letting go and trusting that no matter what, there is always family.  They are my unconditional inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment