Thursday, February 9, 2012

My life summarized in lists...

I don't know if I have mentioned before how much I love lists but I'm telling you now...I LOVE them. Like I make lists for everything. Shopping, to do, websites, recipes, trips I want to take, songs I want to download, and the list goes on. So I have decided to compile a list of all the things I want to do in the next 6 months. A bucket list of sorts although I certainly hope I don't kick the bucket in the next 6 months. Since Memphis and I are having some relationship issues at the moment and are thinking of parting ways in the next six months I thought this was a good time frame. So. I'm going to make my list and if you have any suggestions for things I should add then by all means leave a comment :).
1. Take a yoga class. (there is a class at Midtown Yoga seriously want to try).
2. Go for a walk in Overton Park. (when I moved to Memphis I envisioned myself doing this regularly and I have yet to do it).
3. Go to the National Civil Rights museum.
4. Make Julia Child's boeuf bourguignon.
5. Learn to knit. My Aunt Anne tried to teach me when I was a child but to no avail. I do believe I was an exasperating child.
6. Eat in a restaurant. Alone. Yikes!
Six things for six months. Not to big of a challenge for this old gal...speaking of which, I will be thirty this year. I don't feel thirty. In fact I don't feel grown up yet...Life seems to be entirely too much fun for me to be an adult!

2 comments:

  1. Very modest list. Too modest.
    So - move #2, #3, and #6 to the next 30 days.
    And add these:
    7. See a feel-good movie
    8. Listen to some jazz
    9. Find one person (male or female) who is smart, funny, and worth spending time with. And do it.
    And, #10 - I hope a trip to Europe is still on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 I am a list maker too.
    #2 I like Mitch's suggestions!
    #3 Number 6 is easier when you bring along a book. It's more of a mini get-a-way like that, less of a stressful situation.
    #4 My suggestion to add unto your list: Buy a cheap water color set at the dollar store and go to the river and paint. Maybe it'll be fun and maybe it'll be frustrating but you can tell your grandchildren you painted the Mississippi when you were younger.

    ReplyDelete